Here I share the projects that I am currently working on, or that have been newly released to the wild...or for permit, but saying I released them to the wild is much more fun.
What makes a home modern farmhouse?
A modern farmhouse exterior typically features a combination of traditional and contemporary elements. Here are some features that are commonly found on modern farmhouse exteriors:
- White or neutral-colored siding or stucco
- Metal roof or shingles in a neutral color like gray or black
- Board and batten siding or shiplap siding
- Large front porch with wood or metal accents
- Simple, yet bold exterior trim and moldings
- Industrial or rustic light fixtures, often with black or bronze finishes
- Black or dark-colored window frames
- Natural wood or faux wood garage doors
- A mix of materials such as brick, stone, or wood accents
- Large windows to allow for plenty of natural light.
Overall, a modern farmhouse exterior is designed to be simple and elegant while still paying homage to traditional farmhouse design elements.